One of the biggest obstacles conservatives must overcome is the false narrative being pushed by the DNC and the Obama regime with a lot of help from their sycophants in the media. So “what we have here, is a failure to communicate”, on behalf of the RNC and I am hoping that this week we can turn that around. The false premises that are being pushed out there include, but not limited to:
- Medicare – Obama wants us all to believe that Medicare “as we know it will end” under Romney’s plan, and will unnecessarily hurt seniors, which is just completely false. Romney’s plan to give people under 55 a choice to remain on the current program or choose another option, does not effect seniors one bit, and actually strengthens Medicare for future generations. Obama’s plan to do nothing ensures it’s bankruptcy.
- Abortion – The party with the extreme position on abortion is the democrats. They currently support federal funding, partial birth, and live birth abortion, and essentially the right to kill the unborn without question at anytime. This position is far out of the mainstream, and voters need to know this. Conservatives support life with the rape/incest exception, which is optional, and that position is actually the real pro choice position.
- Racism – Honestly the political party that harbors racists, are the democrats. Most of them simply believe that people of a darker skin color are victims of this society solely because of their pigmentation, and that without government help, they are incapable of living a productive life. This mindset is deplorable and offensive. They also believe apparently that they need to be the protectors of our first black President, because obviously he is unable to withstand criticism of most any kind, due once again to the color of his skin.
- War on Women – Once again, the political party that is waging war against women is the democrats. How offensive is it for most women to know that Obama and Sandra Fluke believe that women are incapable of providing for their own contraception needs? How hypocritical is it for liberal feminists to say “keep your hands off my body” but then expect us to pay for their abortion and healthcare needs? How denigrating is it to believe that a pregnancy is an obstacle in a woman’s life? The fact is, women are incredibly strong and more than capable of determining, and paying for, their way through life without anyones help.
Since Obama can not run on his economic performance, the DNC is hoping to push the false narrative on these social issues to win the election. Let’s not let that happen. In 2012, Conservatives need to take a page from Obama back from 2008:
“I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, addressing Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN)
Get in their face indeed.